You must be logged to download table from our mirror
Sonic Pinball Mania 1.3
Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2)
Created by TerryRed
Version 1.3, April - 2022
Get ready for the most EPIC Sonic pinball table ever created... and a pinball game like you've never seen before!
This has everything a Sonic fan could want in one table. Green Hill zone scenery, Sonic Loop ramp, animated bumpers, springs, item box, checkpoint, chaos emerald flashers, red star spinner, launch tunnel, rotating goal sign, moving robots, animated characters such as Sonic / Knuckles / Shadow... and even Dr Robotnik and his eggmobile which will follow your ball with it's spotlight... and much more!
This table takes full advantage of BAM's latest features with full dynamic lighting and ray cast shadows and shadowmaps to create a stunning visual pinball showcase!
What started as a quick BAM mod to update Brendan Bailey's classic Sonic table of 2005 (which was updated by SLAMT1LT in 2014), evolved into a complete overhaul to the entire table. Everything in the table has either been updated or changed, and I've added so many new things (new layout, art, models, lighting, modes, code, fixes, etc) that it's like a new table. Hence... Sonic Pinball Mania.
This table is also updated to fully support PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD). It has modern PUP DMD display options that can work with all setups. With it's crisp HD text and dazzling videos, it's sure to wow everyone who sees it.
I'm really proud of what I pulled off with this table, and I really hope you enjoy it!
For an EPIC video preview of this table in action with PinEvent V2 features, check out this video:
Thanks of course to these awesome contributors:
Brendan Bailey (PinWizKid) - created the original Sonic the Hedgehog table in 2005
SLAMT1LT - sounds, music, code, DMD, etc from his Ultimate mod in 2014
Schlabber34 - new pre-rendered insert images
FLEEP - new mechanical sounds
All the FP lads at Pinball Nirvanna for ideas, examples, and support
Nailbuster - Pinup Player and SSF support
Ravarcade - for creating the awesome BAM and providing assistance with BAM features
Chris Leathley - creator of Future Pinball
This table is a fan-made work of passion, and is NOT intended for commercial usage or to be included in any part of a commercial sale!
This table is single player only.
Desktop Static Camera Views
Press C to cycle through BAM's Desktop Static camera views (if using the included CFG file)
Special 1 or Special 2 key / button will toggle between Sonic and Chrome ball texture (only in attract mode)
This can be set in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script
Special 1 and Special 2 key / button will also act as a plunger during gameplay
BAM Ray Cast Ball Shadows:
- this table was created to look best with the new BAM Ray Cast Ball shadows
- this feature is disabled by default
- this feature requires a fast video card, and will use much more of your GPU
- if enabling it slows down the game... then your PC may not be fast enough to handle it (and you should disable it)
You can enable Ray Cast shadows in the BAM menu, or in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script
- open BAM menu while in-game (~ or Q by default), and goto "Addons - Configure Ball and Shadows"
- Sharpness = 0.850, Dark Level = -0.800
To disable this feature, disable it in both the BAM menu and the TABLE OPTIONS
BAM Menu settings:
- BAM Lighting and Post Processing settings are set by the table script and will ALWAYS override the user's settings
- this is needed to ensure that all lighting is set correctly at all times.
- this version of the table has BAM dynamic physics (DF1) added to it
PinEvent V2 features for this table:
Night Mode key
TILT BOB key
Note: for PUP Stream there is no Playfield Mini Screen option
All Visual C++ updates (to allow BAM to work properly). An easy All-in-One Installer can be found here (reboot after installing):
Future Pinball and BAM (1.5-345 or higher) is required to play this table!
Don't assume you have the latest BAM. If in doubt, update it!
If you only need to update BAM:
- backup your entire BAM folder
- download the latest BAM update zip file from ravarcade's site
- install the latest BAM update (replace all files)
- copy the BAM.cfg, Reality.dat, Default.cfg from your backup BAM folder and replace the files in your BAM folder (these are your previous BAM settings)
Ready to go "BAM Settings" (good default pov for cabinets, and more)
- I highly recommend you install my "BAM Settings" files, if you have never done so before!
- download my "Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide" zip file (link below)
- open the zip file for the setup you have (BAM settings for Cabinet.zip, or BAM settings for Desktop.zip)
- extract the files (BAM.cfg, Reality.dat, Default.cfg) into the BAM folder (overwrite the current files)
TerryRed's Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide
This has a FAQ with answers to most problems, and other helpful info, and has essential settings files:
Future Pinball Video Settings and Editor Settings:
- you MUST have the correct Video and Editor settings for this table to work correctly!
- I have included a picture of these settings in the table's zip file
Run FPLoader.exe in BAM folder to play this table. DO NOT run directly from the FuturePinball.exe:
- don't trust start menu or desktop icons, as they may point to FuturePimball.exe instead of FPLoader.exe
- some people may need to run FPLoader.exe as Administrator at least one time for BAM to work
- set FPLoader.exe to Windows 8 compatibility mode to prevent crashing
TABLE file: “Sonic Pinball Mania (1.3 - PinEvent V2).fpt”
- this goes in your “Future Pinball \ Tables” folder
CFG file: “Sonic Pinball Mania (1.3 - PinEvent V2).cfg”
- this goes in your “BAM \ CFG” folder
- it gives cabinet users a proper cabinet POV
- it gives desktop users new static camera views (press C to cycle through them)
- it must be named the same as the table file to work
- this is only needed if you use PinEvent V2 features
- this goes in your “PUPVideos” folder
- read the Install Instructions included in the table's zip file for more info
You do not need any other extra files or applications just to play this table!
- it should work for everyone (desktop, cabinet, vr) as long your PC hardware can handle it
- simply install the table files and play it like any other Future Pinball table
If you want to use any PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD), read the included install instructions in the table's zip file!
You can get the PuP-Pack at this link for the time being:
********** HOW TO PLAY THE TABLE **********
- only use FPLoader.exe (this is BAM) in the BAM folder to play this table. DO NOT run directly from the FuturePinball.exe
- don't trust start menu or desktop icons, as they may point to FuturePimball.exe instead of FPLoader.exe
- run FPLoader.exe in Windows 8 compatibility mode to prevent crashing
- you MUST use the proper Video settings for FP (I have included them in the table's zip file)
- ALWAYS completely close Future Pinball after exiting a table, or loading another table
- Future Pinball needs to start “fresh” every time you load and start a table
Read the Install Instructions included in the table's zip file.
It tells you everything you need to know, has a very helpful FAQ, and has lots of pretty pictures!
Again, read the FAQ and the Install Instructions in the table's zip file!
- added option to disable the Shield's SlowMotion (the slow motion made the game unplayable for some users - 5 fps, etc)
- updated Install Instructions
- added new info relevant to the new version of Baller Installer
- added PinEvent V2 support for PUPDMD, PUPStream, and a new pup-pack with videos / text / overlays / backglass
- added lots of new music - new songs played with each new ball, and after each mode is completed
- small changes to playfield art
- various fixes and tweaks, relocated top most kicker to make the shot a bit easier
- fixed Mania Mode blinking (no longer blinks when lock is lit, etc)
- lots of various fixes and changes that should make the game easier and more fun to play
- new chrome side rails
- Special 1 and Special 2 key / button will now also act as a plunger during gameplay
- adjusted spinner settings, added Ravarcade's new spinner code
- choas emerald inserts will blink when their respective mode is selected / active (only if it's not already collected)
- added new PinEvent V2 automated control and features code
- added full DOF and PUP SSF support
- added Table Options to disable ball effects for Invincible, Shield, and Sonic Shoes (for slower PC's)
- added 10 second ball saver to the start of each mode
- added new Tilt Warning Recovery control option
- added DF1 physics to upper right flippers, adjusted angle slightly (mid-right flipper can hit Mania Modes easily when ball is cradled)
- if Mania Modes is lit when starting multi-ball or before ball drains, it will now be lit again after multi-ball ends and for next ball
- changed kicker brake plates to not be set to "Mark as Ornamental"
- fix for upper flippers not turning off for tilt
- fix goal post not rotating correctly on drain (should show Robotnik)
Changelog (v1.0 - first release)
- removed older previous updates that are no longer needed (fake flashers, fake surfaces for playfield / plastics / GI ON-OFF, etc)
- new G.I. lighting (dynamic lighting - x4 hidden flashers in lower and upper plastics), new drain flasher for accented colour
- new spotlight models and spotlight flashers on each slingshot
- new BAM lighting and post processing
- added all new lighting for flashers, created chaos emerald flasher models and gold ring stands
- new 3D model inserts, new pre-rendered insert textures, new bump maps for inserts, disabled glow radius for all inserts
- new decals for inserts
- new HUD art for all modes and events
- new 4K art for playfield, plastics, apron, backglass, side and backwalls, cabinet, targets (the whole table has new art)
- added shadowmaps to most G.I lights, added pre-baked shadowmaps (created by BAM) to playfield and plastics textures
- optimized shadows and lighting for ray cast ball shadows
- added all new FLEEP sounds for all mechanical actions (flippers, bumpers, slings, drain, etc)
- added BAM DF1 physics (updated settings in editor to better work with new physics)
- updated layout, widened mid-left flipper area, new upper playfield and loop ramp, new wireramps, geometry fixes on entire table
- new animated Sonic bumper models and animated Sonic springs for autoplunger and vuks
- new plungerlane launch tunnel with sonic ring models, and animated light sequence
- new Launch Bonus feature, that gives you a random character bonus
- new rotating goal sign that shows your launch bonus character
- new Sonic Red Star spinner
- new animated Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, Tails, and Dr Robtonik models
- new (Tails) Tornado bi-plane, and fly-by sequence for drained ball
- new Dr Robotnik Eggmobile with a flasher spotlight, that follows and tracks the ball everywhere (cool effect)
- new Green Hill Zone models for Loop Ramp, grass and rock, trees, totem poles, bridge, and animated sunflowers
- new animated Item Box: when hit it awards you items, coins, 1up, and Power Ups
- new PowerUp: Sonic shoes - trail effect on ball & extra points / rings for many things
- new PowerUp: Shield - shield around ball and slows down speed of entire table
- new PowerUp: Invincible - animated effect around ball - can't drain - kickback and all popups activated
- new PowerUp: Spinner Bonus 5x
- new VR room. models, and textures
- new Sonic Ball that can be toggled with Special 1 and 2 keys
- updated DMD: displays emeralds, coins, banked, balls, score, mode info and countdowns
- new animated Checkpoint - when hit will light Mania Modes
- new Mania Modes: Ring Hunt, Magna Blast, Tails is Trippin, Bot Bash
- Ring Hunt: collect all Rings, added dozens of new rotating sonic rings to be collected
- Magna Blast: avoid Robotnik's yellow Magna Blast beam or ball gets trapped in a few spots
- Tails is Trippin: Tails flys by and drops cargo and you need to collect 6 of them
- Bot Bash: hit all of Robotniks moving and static robots
- added models and animation for cargo boxes, Crab Meat robots, Gun Beetle robots, MotoBug robots
- new Super Sonic mode - collect all choas emeralds - defeat Robotnik
- new animated Super Sonic model and transformation sequence
- added holograms for explosion effects
- additional sound effects and music
- lots and lots and lots of new code for new content, changes, updates, and fixes
A huge amount of work overall...so I'm sure there's lots I've forgotten to include - TerryRed